Breast asymmetry refers to the difference in the shape, size and position of breasts among females. Although quite common among a majority of women worldwide, it does not lead to any medical condition. At the worst, it may hamper your physical appearance or could lower down your confidence. To reverse the effects of any such adverse impact, body conscious women prefer opting for Breast asymmetry correction. Let’s delve deeper into this discussion.
Usually, the breasts attain equality in size by the age a female reaches 16 years or is about to end her puberty. If the sizes remain asymmetric even after the age of 16 years, chances are higher for her to remain unequal for life. So, if you are not any more in the sweet sixteen club and have unequal breasts, you are one in every four adult women in the world who possess asymmetry in breasts to some degree.
In any of these causes, there is no harmful impact on your breasts.
• Ovulation: The breast tissue may undergo an increase in size when a woman ovulates, hence making the breasts appear tender, sensitive and fuller.
• Hormonal changes: Often, the fluctuating levels of progesterone and estrogen in the female breasts may tend the tissues to collect more water, hence leading to edema or water retention. This may result in puffiness or swelling of the breasts.
• Lovemaking: Doctors also opine a 25% increase in the breast size during sex, because of a steep rise in blood stimulation. However, this increase would be ephemeral, as the breasts will be back to their normal state after it’s all over.
Nevertheless, there may occur noticeable change in the size of your precious assets after puberty, possibly because of:
• Congenital traits like difference in the size or position of areola, nipples, breast or inframammary crease
• A failed breast augmentation surgery leading to stretched areolas, capsular contracture, sagging breasts, dislocated implants, etc.
• Periods, pregnancy, breastfeeding or even a disease such as breast cancer
• An unidentified syndrome
These reasons may necessitate the need for correction surgery. Your plastic surgeon would be the best person to suggest the best move in this context.
To get away with uneven size, breast asymmetry correction could be a thinkable solution. Surgeons recommend opting for esthetic, reconstructive and plastic surgery to regain symmetry in the breasts. The choice of surgery however depends on the analysis of the body characteristics of the candidate as done by the surgeon. Mostly, the experts perform breast augmentation, breast reduction or both of these surgeries to attain the intended goal.
Also termed as breast implants, it requires the surgeon to insert implants filled with salt water inside the breasts.
• For this, the expert plastic surgeon gives general anesthesia to the patient.
• Next, he places incisions in the inconspicuous or unnoticeable areas below the breast to make the scars invisible.
• He then encircles the areola and creates a pocket for implant placement.
• The surgery for breast asymmetry correction completes with the insertion of implants.
This surgery also needs administering general anesthetic to the patient.
• Next, the surgeon will create an incision in a near invisible location in the lower breast area
• The expert will cut off additional skin and remove fat tissues from the breast
• As a result, the patients gets smaller, better shaped and symmetric breasts
Besides these two treatments, the candidate of breast asymmetry correction may also opt to wear external breast prosthesis.
After undergoing the treatment, you will notice swelling and soreness in your breasts, which will last for a week or so. Here are some more important points to consider:
• The surgeon will recommend you to visit his clinic ever week, till the first six weeks of the treatment.
• He will try to minimize the visible scars in every visit.
• During the first two visits, he will detach the sutures and cover the incisions with a tape.
• He may also recommend using patented silicone scar gel after taping period, to apply two times every day till three months.
• You can resume carrying out your routine within the first two weeks itself without exhibiting any hint of surgery.
• It may take around six weeks for breast symmetry to reflect completely on your body.
• The results of breast asymmetry correction would be long lasting.
So, if you are unhappy with your uneven breasts and want them to look symmetric, sensitive and fuller, this surgery could well prove to be a Holy Grail. Perhaps, a treatment for breast asymmetry correction done through a board certified plastic surgeon would help you regain your appearance and the lost confidence appreciably.
To know more about this specific surgery or about any other cosmetic / plastic surgery, feel free to connect with us. You can also find an ideal plastic surgeon right in your city with the help of our portal. So what are you waiting for? Contact us now and open the door to getting an endearing and long lasting appearance.