Though there’s a common opinion that plastic surgeries are for women, men aren’t far behind!
In the past few years, men are increasingly showing attention to how they look and rightly so. There is an increase in demand for men’s plastic surgery that helps them regain their youthfulness, look fit and have flawless skin.
The options for men’s plastic surgery are similar to those available for women. However, the plastic surgeon will modify the surgical plans to ensure that the final outcome looks the best on their male patients.
Irrespective of the plastic surgery you’re going for, there are a few prerequisites which you should follow.
● You shouldn’t smoke for a month before the surgery. If you’re a non-smoker, then it’s much better. Smoking before the surgery will weaken for the body and immune system and can cause infections, delay the healing process and other complications during and after the surgery.
● You must be in great health. When you’re healthy, your recovery is faster. If you are having high blood pressure or diabetes, then it’s better to opt for the surgery after you have stabilized the condition.
● You shouldn’t pause taking anti-inflammatory drugs. Many pop the necessary over-the-counter medications whenever they have a headache or feel a bit sick. But you should stop doing it for a few weeks before and after the surgery to speed up the healing.
● You should have realistic expectations. Yes, plastic surgery will transform your body. But, at the same time, you should be aware that it cannot change you completely. Having a realistic expectation will help you prepare for the results.
Common Plastic Surgeries for Men
There are a wide variety of options for cosmetic surgeries for men. From enhancing their facial appearance to toning the body and getting rid of the fat, there are so many. Here are some of the common plastic surgeries opted by men.
Some men have excess skin and fat on their chests, which leads to a feminine look. This can occur due to genetics, excess weight loss or gain or any other health issues. Gynecomastia surgery helps to treat such women and get rid of the excess skin and fat for a toned chest.
Due to aging or excess weight gain, some men have a big band of skin around their neck. This is popularly known as ‘turkey neck.’ Such a massive flab of skin around the neck will disturb their appearance and make them older than then they are. A neck lift surgery will remove that excess skin and tighten the skin. This surgery will help in attaining a firm and structured jawline and neck.
Many men aren’t happy with their way their nose looks. Rhinoplasty surgery is a customized procedure to make the nose look bigger or smaller in proportion to the face. The surgeon may use a small nose implant to increase the size or workaround with the muscles to reduce the size. Some also use Rhinoplasty to sharpen their nose or change its symmetry.
All the facial features should be in proportion to each other for a cohesive look. A chin augmentation surgery will help you change the size and structure of the chin to make it look in line with the other features. You can use the chin augmentation surgery even to increase the size of the lower part of your face. Generally, in the chin augmentation procedure, the surgeon will bring the chin structure either forward or backward.
Who wouldn’t want to have a slim and great looking body! Liposuction is quite common among men to decrease their fat content in the stomach. In this surgery, the surgeon removes the excess fat and skin from around the stomach region. It’s advised to go for liposuction after you have reached your optimal weight. Else, the results of the surgery will be diluted if you gain or lose weight.
Most plastic surgeries for men are conducted as an outpatient procedure. So you can return to your home on the same day. For minor non-invasive or minimally-invasive procedures like dermabrasion, chemical peel, or fat transfer, the recovery process is faster. You can get back to your normal life within 7 to 10 days.
However, for other surgeries like liposuction, body contouring, gynecomastia, or any other similar surgeries, the downtime is more.
● You should keep the area bandaged for a few days and tend to the bandages as per the instructions of the surgeon.
● You take the prescribed medications to help with quick healing.
● You will have swelling, bruising and redness in the area for a few weeks. And so, you shouldn’t engage in any strenuous activity until it minimizes.
● You should get the approval of the surgeon before you take part in any physical activity, be it running, working out, yoga or swimming.
For such surgeries, you can see the results in a few months after the area has healed and the swelling is completely gone.
There are several male-specific plastic surgeries to enhance the appearance of the men and make them feel confident in the way they look. Through a structured planning and detailed consultation, you can get an idea of how the treatment will help you. It’s essential to choose a certified and experienced plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience in performing plastic surgeries for men.