Hair Transplant – The Best and Safest Hair Restoration Procedure
Hair Transplant is an ultimate solution to the hair loss miseries of a majority of people worldwide. While most of them don’t mind losing hair, many still prefer fighting this ailment with the advanced, safe and effective hair restoration technique. This blog gives a deep insight into this procedure.
Put into simple words, hair transplant is a procedure to populate the thinning or bald areas of the head with hair. For this, the surgeon extracts hair from a fertile area (or donor site) and transplants them to crown regions or hairline & vertex (recipient site).
Started in Japan in 1939 with a single scalp hair transplant, it has today transformed into an unparalleled treatment for hair loss or baldness problems. With persistent refinement in the technique, seasoned surgeons now find it easier to make way for natural hair growth by harvesting single follicular units in the treated areas. Unlike other medications, this procedure promises to furnish long-lasting results, without any severe side-effects. Still, taking requisite precautions is essential.
HAIR TRANSPLANTATION PROCEDURES
Hair restoration surgeons usually prefer two types of surgeries – Follicular Unit Transportation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
Find a Cosmetic Surgeon in your Area
FUE Hair transplant
This procedure requires the surgeon to extract individual follicles from the donor site and transplant them to the recipient site. Each of these follicular units comprises a cluster of 1-4 hairs, also called follicular unit grafts. The technique can fetch appreciable results for most of the needful people, including Grades 6-7 patients. Those having lesser success with FUT may also opt for it.
FUT Hair Transplant
In this procedure, the surgeon takes out hair follicle strips from the fertile zone of the head scalp and transplants them to the bald or thinning portion. Each of these strips consists of 1-3 follicular units, which in turn include oil glands, tiny muscle value and nerve hairs. Usually, a single session involves transplanting 1000 to 4000 small grafts to the recipient area. FUT is likely to leave strip scar, which makes it a less preferred method as compared to FUE. the scar is barely visible with hair on. it does not damage to deep structures. this methods scar will be linear and the rest area of the scalp is undisturbed so you can do second sitting from the same donor area. the preferred method for young candidates who are prone to lose hair in future. this method can be done without full shaving so preferred by professionals like doctors and lawyers.
WHO IS AN IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR HAIR TRANSPLANT?
A hair transplant Surgeon would recommend the treatment for:
Be aware that the surgeons would not recommend hair transplant procedure for:
Moreover, a surgeon would advise reconsidering the decision to go under the knife to:
Feel free to approach us for expert consultation on your candidature for hair transplant treatment.
HAIR TRANSPLANT PROCEDURES IN DETAIL
The surgeon performs the following steps for FUT:
FUT Transplant Procedure
The surgeon will carry out the following steps for FUT hair transplant surgery:
Find a Cosmetic Surgeon in your Area
SOME IMPORTANT POINTS TO PONDER
LIFE AFTER HAIR TRANSPLANT
COMPLICATIONS OF HAIR TRANSPLANT PROCEDURE
Several possible hair transplant side effects are as below:
1. Bleeding:The patient may face minor to persistent bleeding. While the former is controllable with simple pressure, the latter would require additional stitching.
2. Hair Thinning:A temporary fall out, it will result in the growth of new hair. Loss of pre-existing hair is also a possibility, but you will regain it in around two months.
3. Infection:Quite a rare possibility, you can avoid infections by using antibiotics such as Tetracycline.
4. Scars:FUT procedure is likely to leave a single linear scar on the patient’s scalp. while FUE will lead to multiple dotted scars on your scalp. NO PROCEDURE IS SCARLESS
5. Itching:Minor to severe itching may arise due to the formation of a scab. You can avoid it by regular shampooing. If it persists, better consult your surgeon.
6. Pain:Temporary pain usually disappears without any medication. In extreme cases, you may use painkillers like Paracematol to reduce the pain.
7. Swelling:Minor side effects like swelling in the forehead or near eyes may last up to two days. If the condition persists, taking Prednisolone would be ideal.
8. Numbness:This common side effect of the hair transplant surgery usually influences the donor site for around 4-5 months.
9. Cysts:The pimple-sized lumps will vanish on their own.
10. Hiccups:Around 20% of hair transplant candidates are likely to get hiccups. They may take some hours to several days to last.
COST OF HAIR TRANSPLANT COST
Few important points about the cost of hair transplant procedure:
THE OUTCOME OF THE HAIR TRANSPLANT PROCEDURE
After the surgery, your hair will continue growing in the transplanted area at a slow or fast pace depending on Follicle density, hair curliness, hair quality and aftercare. Hence, make sure to take proper medicines and prefer not to go for PRP or laser therapy after the hair transplant. Finally, abiding strictly by the doctor’s suggestions would help you ensure a commendable hair regrowth after undergoing the hair transplant procedure.
Surgery Before & After Photos