Appreciate Your Looks with Lip Augmentation
The desire of women to have full and perfectly contoured lips may get a major set back due to aging or physical problems. Lip augmentation is a feasible solution to overcome this hassle. However, if you have deformed or wounded lips, you should consult your surgeon for other alternatives.
DISCUSSIONS WITH YOUR PLASTIC SURGEON
Be aware that a mere change in your lips could make a noticeable difference to your appearance. Hence, choosing an experienced surgeon is the most important step toward ensuring the expected lip augmentation results.
Women opt for this procedure due to varied reasons, like for modeling, acting or just to look good. In any case, you should be clear about your expectations and convey the same to the surgeon to know if the intended results are achievable.
Are you an ideal candidate?
You are a suitable for lip augmentation if you are not facing any of these health conditions:
- Oral herpes
- Blood clotting
- Scars on lips
- Connective tissue
The surgeon will also perform several tests to confirm your suitability for the procedure. If the reports are favorable, he will examine your lips, capture your pre-surgery photos for reference, and proceed with the treatment.
OPTIONS FOR LIP AUGMENTATION
The surgeon may suggest any of these two lip augmentation procedure:
This procedure increase volume of the lips through hyaluronic acid injections.
Depending on your body condition, the patient may need a numbing agent over the lips before the treatment starts, or no anesthesia at all
- The surgeon will mark the points to give dermal injections around the mouth.
- He then injects the fillers through a fine needle across the marked areas.
- The results of this injection will last up to 6-9 months after which you may revisit the surgeon for the same treatment.
Often, the treatment may involve the use of fat fillers. For this, the surgeon performs minor liposuction surgery to eliminate the fat from any other area of the body. Next, he injects the fat thus extracted in to the marked portions across the mouth.
Lip dermal grafting
This treatment is permanent but more intricate as compared to dermal fillers. Skin from another part of body is taken to use as graft inside your lips to increase the size. Here are the steps that surgeon carries out:
- Gives Local anesthesia around the mouth
- Makes small incisions across the lips
- Inserts the graftsvinside the incised portion of the lip
- Stitches the incisions
After the lip augmentation surgery, the surgeon will place the ice packs on the treated area. Those opting for dermal fillers can be back to their usually soon after the treatment. There will be a slight change in the lip size, right after the procedure itself. Likewise, the lip implants surgery may take around two to three days for the patient to perform daily activities.
After undergoing the lip augmentation procedure, make sure to:
- Avoid applying cosmetics to the lips for one to two week.
- Be vigilant, not to bite the lips when having meals.
- Quit smoking for around a month post procedure
- Visit the surgeon immediately in case of swelling, redness, wound or bruises in the treated portion
To conclude, lip augmentation is a worthwhile procedure for people desiring to accentuate their facial appearance. But undergoing it through an experienced surgeon is important to get the intended results. It is always better not to expect miracles.
- Arm Lift
- Body Contouring
- Body Lift
- Breast Asymmetry Correction
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Implant Removal
- Breast Implant Revision
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Revision Surgery
- Breast Surgery Surgeons
- Brow Lift
- Buccal Fat Removal
- Buttock Enhancement
- Cheek Augmentation
- Chemical Peel
- Chin Surgery
- Dermal Fillers
- Ear Surgery
- Facial Implants
- Fat Transfer
- Hair Transplant
- Inverted Nipple Correction
- Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Lip Augmentation
- Liposuction Laser Ultrasound Assisted
- Male Breast Reduction
- Men And Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover
- Neck Lift
- Non Surgical Fat Reduction
- Non Surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Skin Rejuvenation And Resurfacing
- Spider Vein Treatment
- Tattoo Removal
- Thigh Lift
- Vaginal Rejuvenation