Our skin loses its youthfulness over time and the major reasons for this could be over-exposure to the sun, pollution or stressful lifestyle.
It is difficult to maintain skin’s youthfulness with today’s chaotic life. Thankfully, Microdermabrasion can make the difference. A minimally invasive procedure, it helps your skin look smoother and younger and that is why, many models and celebrities prefer adopting it.
Microdermabrasion is a cosmetic procedure that restores the youthfulness of your skin. It attains this result by getting rid of the dirt and impurities, thereby giving nourishment to your skin. Some added benefits of this procedure are as follows:
• Provides even skin tone and helps get rid of dull complexion.
• Removes wrinkles and fine lines to rid of signs of ageing.
• Eliminates skin problems like acne, pigmentation, blackheads, enlarged pores, etc.
• Restores your skin from sun damage and pollution.
Although microdermabrasion is a highly useful procedure, it might not be of much use in several instances, as follows:
• Removing scars, moles or birthmarks.
• Only effective on bright skin and may cause discoloration on people with dark skin.
• May not be helpful in removing burn marks.
This simple procedure requires no invasion of your skin. The only difference in techniques of microdermabrasion is in the type of device used to perform the treatment; Diamond and Crystal tip hand pieces are most popular to perform this treatment.
The use of anaesthesia is optional while performing this procedure, as it is not a major procedure. The doctor will perform a clean-up first to get rid of dirt. Next, he will proceed with a hand piece to exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin.
Hydradermabrasion is particularly used to stimulate the blood flow.
The doctors use an abrasive instrument to get rid of the outer layer of dead skin to make way for you smooth and supple skin.
This minimally invasive treatment might be the simplest form of cosmetic procedure, as it requires no major precautions. Still, several minor yet important things are important to keep in mind:
• Consult your doctor regarding your skin type, any past cosmetic procedure you have done, medication or any ailment you have been going through to make sure that there are no complications.
• You may be advised to stop using exfoliator, masks or skin treatment cream prior to the treatment. Avoid sun exposure, tanning cream and waxing about a week before the procedure.
• You can go back to your lifestyle immediately; you just have to keep your skin hydrated and use sunscreen consistently. Your skin will be extra sensitive so it is best to use sensitive products.
• The treatment might require a few sessions for best results and follow-ups to maintain the glow of your skin.
Overall, Microdermabrasion treatment is safe and has no major risks. Your skin might however appear a little pink after the treatment, which is quite normal.
The information is being provided by CosmeticSurgery.in and have no intention to replace the medical advice of your doctor. Please consult your doctor directly for advice about a specific medical condition. This document was last reviewed by Dr. Priti Shukla, Plastic Surgeon on: 12-JUN-2020