Thigh Lift Surgery
A thigh lift surgery helps to reshape your thighs by getting rid of the excess skin. You can achieve smoother skin that looks fit and contoured, which is a dream for many! You can make your thighs look youthful and proportional to the entire body.
A thigh lift surgery is not a replacement for liposuction. While a thigh lift surgery is great at removing skin and making the thighs look thin, it cannot remove the excess fat. Some prefer to go for thigh lift surgery after liposuctionfor the best results.
WHO IS THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR THIGH LIFT SURGERY?
The ideal candidate for the thigh lift surgery should have the following characteristics:
- The person shouldn’t have a highly fluctuating weight.
- The person should have realistic expectations from the procedure.
- The person shouldn’t have any complicated medical conditions that could risk the surgery.
- The person should be ready to lead a healthy lifestyle to retain the effects of thigh lift surgery.
- The person should have soft tissue along the inner portion of the thigh so that the surgeon should remove and contour the appearance.
HOW SHOULD YOU PREPARE FOR SURGERY?
During the consultation with the surgeon, you will receive several instructions about preparing for the procedure. The surgeon will ask about your current medical conditions and your health and will guide you to prepare yourself sufficiently for the surgery.
Essentially, the surgeon will ask you to follow a few actions like:
- Discontinuing the current anti-inflammatory medications.
- Quit smoking and drinking alcohol for at least four weeks prior to the procedure.
- Prepare your home and bed with bedding to support you immediately after you come back from the surgery.
WHAT’S THE PROCEDURE?
The entire procedure for thigh lift surgery will take an hour to a few hours.
- The surgeon will administer general anesthesia at the beginning of the surgery.
- The surgeon will decide the location of the incisions based on the quantity of excess skin that should be removed.
- If the surgeon plans to remove the excess skin from inner thighs, then the incisions are made along the groin down to the knee or the back of the thigh.
- The surgeon skillfully creates the incisions so that it hides behind the swimsuit or any other dress.
- Once the surgery is completed, the surgeon will close the area with deep sutures or adhesives.
You can see the slimmer and tighter contour of the thighs immediately after the surgery. The surgeon will keep you under observation for a while.
HOW SHOULD YOU TAKE CARE AFTER THIGH LIFT SURGERY?
The surgeon will discharge you on the same day with some precautionary instructions and medications to ease the pain.
Dressing and Drain Tubes
The surgeon will close the incisions with dressings and bandages and place thin tubes to drain the excess fluid. You should get complete guidance from the surgeon about how to dress and drain the tubes regularly.
Find a Cosmetic Surgeon in your Area
Recovery After Surgery
- You will have swelling, bruising and pain for the first few weeks.
- The surgeon will give you oral medication to help fast recovery.
- You should go for regular checkups to ensure that the incisions are healing at a good rate.
- You should apply any topical medications as per the surgeon’s advice.
- You should take bed rest for at least a week or two.
Getting Back to Normal Life
It will take four weeks for you to get back to work. You may have to exercise some caution while walking and moving. The surgeon will give you proper instructions about how to sleep, sit and stand. Make sure to support yourself with cushions when you’re sitting down and sleeping.
You should refrain from exercising, jogging or swimming for at least the first month. After that, the surgeon will analyze the incisions and recommend you start with mild exercises if you need.
While you can easily see the change in the contours of your thighs soon, it can take a while for the swelling to reduce. You can see the complete results of the surgery only then. While the results of the thigh lift surgery are permanent, you should exercise regularly, keep yourself fit and eat healthy food to maintain the results.
- Arm Lift
- Body Contouring
- Body Lift
- Breast Asymmetry Correction
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Implant Removal
- Breast Implant Revision
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Revision Surgery
- Breast Surgery Surgeons
- Brow Lift
- Buccal Fat Removal
- Buttock Enhancement
- Cheek Augmentation
- Chemical Peel
- Chin Surgery
- Dermal Fillers
- Ear Surgery
- Facial Implants
- Fat Transfer
- Hair Transplant
- Inverted Nipple Correction
- Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Lip Augmentation
- Liposuction Laser Ultrasound Assisted
- Male Breast Reduction
- Men And Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover
- Neck Lift
- Non Surgical Fat Reduction
- Non Surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Skin Rejuvenation And Resurfacing
- Spider Vein Treatment
- Tattoo Removal
- Thigh Lift
- Vaginal Rejuvenation